A crossbreed of a guest and a volunteer.
What is a Guestateer?
A Guestateer is a crossbreed of a guest and a volunteer.
- If you thought you can’t afford a safari, NOW is the time.
- With the World the way it is what could be better than a big change.
- In moving with these times we have designed a long stay program.
- Calling all horse lovers – wildlife lovers – lovers of the great outdoors.
- This is the chance to really immerse yourself in Africa.
What’s on offer?
- All the benefits of being a full safari guest at a heavily reduced rate.
- Your own large Meru style tent with ensuite hot bucket showers and long drop loo
- All meals and tea, coffee and water. Apart from booze which you can buy in camp.
- Proficient riders will have the opportunity to work horses and be involved as much or as little as you like with horse care and all that goes with keeping a team of horses in Zimbabwe in tip top condition
- Intermediate riders can improve their riding skills.
- Even though we are in unusual times our team of 26 horses must still be looked after.
- Join in on game drives when possible.
- You will be in the company of James Varden one of Zimbabwe’s leading Professional Guides and a walking Wikipedia on Wildlife, birds, trees, grasses, insects in fact anything bush. Spending time with James in the bush is a privilege and learning experience.
- Riders will be able to participate in snare patrols on horseback with our team. A part of our ongoing antipoaching patrols.
- This is a fantastic opportunity to live in the bush and get involved with community projects like a building a nutrition garden. Helping make the camp more ecologically sound. Or maybe you have a special skill you can pass onto to our staff.
- You are even able to work – if you have to – with Wi-Fi in common areas
- Families can school online.